This is a quick little page to help me keep track of the work I am doing within the WordPress community and the work I want to tackle next. It also serves as an easy link if anyone else gets curious.
Currently working on a refresh of the lesson plan, Introduction to Common Plugins (link goes to a draft only accessible to people with permissions) This is complete and ready for copyediting and proofreading in the #training team.
Currently working on a File Block bug: #10967
Also working on a simple/easy fix for this UX bug for the Buttons Block: #38338
Adding clearer documentation around the update to how
block.json is scanned in @wordpress/scripts. #38379
Once the file block bug is tackled, I want to address the PDF Thumbnail feature (#15097) request by incorporating it into the File Block.
We definitely need better Contribution documentation for Gutenberg, and I want to think through a proposal and start working on it after I’m done with the LearnWP lesson.
Relevant Twitter thread: https://twitter.com/pixolin/status/1485995000542412814
Things I’m keeping an eye on
These are easy to reach for links for me, but also anyone who gets curious and lands on this page.
- Updated scope for site editing projects #33094: https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/issues/33094
- Global Styles: an input for custom CSS #30142: https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/issues/30142
- 5.9.x release project board: https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/projects/63
- [Feature Request] Add the ability to duplicate a template in the Site Editor #38192 : https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/issues/38192
- [PR to add InnerBlocks support to core/list]: https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/pull/35870
- [PR to add InnerBlocks support to core/quote]: https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/pull/25892